Sign in to follow this  
BIgor

Mixamo/MotionClip Problem

Just noticed than even my set up although right The motion clip system just will not allow the rig to be within a null as it takes on the nulls pivot position every time,  I never normaly add the mixamo rig to a null myself.  The root joint has its own pivot in which the motion clip system takes note of.  Because its animating it takes into account for its movement hence a pivot object added to a clip will be placed where the root bone is.  Unfortunatly if you put the rig into a null, the null has no animation on it so when adding a pivot object it looks at the root which is now the null which is now offset.  You simply need to keep that rig outside any nulls, or make sure the null is part of the motion hierarchy when a clip is made, even then it may fail. 

• Topic Author
  • 26 minutes ago, Rectro said:

Just noticed than even my set up although right The motion clip system just will not allow the rig to be within a null as it takes on the nulls pivot position every time,  I never normaly add the mixamo rig to a null myself.  The root joint has its own pivot in which the motion clip system takes note of.  Because its animating it takes into account for its movement hence a pivot object added to a clip will be placed where the root bone is.  Unfortunatly if you put the rig into a null, the null has no animation on it so when adding a pivot object it looks at the root which is now the null which is now offset.  You simply need to keep that rig outside any nulls, or make sure the null is part of the motion hierarchy when a clip is made, even then it may fail. 

Yes this kind of makes sense...