Sign in to follow this  
Marc Trzepla

Missing Projection Display in Viewports

I cannot get my Projection Display to show up in my viewports.  R20, R21 ... new scene, old scenes..  fresh geometry with a simple bitmap applied.. nada.

I can change the Projection in the Attributes Manager (Flat, Spherical, Cubic, etc..) and I can switch Display types (Simple, Grid, Solid) but no visual feedback in my viewports.

Thought I had it 'off' somewhere so I selected Filter -> All and turned everything on, looked in the HUD etc. but cannot find an on/off for Projection Display.

I must be cray cray, because I swear I used to be able to change my texture size and placement based on the visual feedback of the Projection Display.

Switch I'm missing?

Thanks,

Marc

Nope, that doesn't have a switch - if you are in Texture Mode, have the Object / Texture Tag selected you should be seeing something in the viewports unless the Tag is in UV Mapping Mode, where texture mapping is impossible. Could you post a screenshot of what you are getting when those conditions are met ?

CBR

• Topic Author
  • Here's an annotated screen capture of a fresh scene, brand new geometry, one material with one texture map applied.

Thanks,

Marc

Projection Display Issue 01.png

Hi Marc,

You need to switch mode to Texture mode

1434170329_texturemode.thumb.png.a93e8bc4bb923d5f97cf5a49cc5024b8.png

• Topic Author
  • Funny - just seeing your post because I came back here to write that I discovered the problem was between my keyboard and the chair ... I 'just' saw that I wasn't going into Texture mode.

Thank you,

Marc