Sign in to follow this  
kikic

How to do this type of seamless looping

Hello,

I would like to learn how to loop things seamlessly. I followed a tutorial I found on  youtube, but it worked mostly due to the black background. I cant seem to get it right with landscapes. I am interested in doing a loop like this one from artist Gabe Damast I can see where the loop begins, but how does one handle the sky and background and complicated scene. How is this set up. Any tips or obscure tutorials on how is this done ? thanks!

Afaik, sky looks static. I don't have much experience with this, but wouldn't 2 or 3 cloned instances of the elements in scene work? At the end camera animation seems pretty linear..

Free C4D trainings from MAXON professional on our youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/c4dcafe

Yep, that's not so hard. Give yourself 30 frames or so to work with and make a Null at World Center. Than add a camera pointing down Z, and make a Plane (that will later be your water)  that fills its field of view, make it a child of the Null, note the plane's size, and use that value a) to clone 10 or so copies of the null down Z and b) to advance your camera down Z the same amount by the last frame of your animation, so that the view from there matches what it sees on Frame 1 (ultimately you'll remove - ie not render the last frame, so it loops perfectly).

Now you can populate your plane with whatever landscapes you like and as long as any elements you add get placed as children of the cloned group null then that should all just work. By cloning around 10 times and using geo placed so that it covers the edges of the frame you can effectively hide the loop point, but in your reference he has done it with an arch, which helpfully obscures the far distance at the crucial time, though as you can see below this is not strictly necessary if you place your landscapes tactically.

A Physical Sky won't change unless you tell it to (other than cloud movement in some of the presets, which you can turn off), so that or a straight background Object, or even an HDRI on a Sky should be fine for that bit. The advantage of using a Physical Sky or regular SKY / HDRI combo would be that your reflections on water are correct for free.

Looping_Landscape.gif.faf363cd3cfaa848a551f17a71056e48.gif

CBR

• Topic Author
  • Thank you so much! Im going to try this out!! 🙂