Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Bastardfilms

How to get continuous UVs ?

Recommended Posts

Hello guys, i know this is gonna be easy but i just dont get it. I have modelled this front part of a cap, and i want that the checkerboard texture goes the same way that the top part, smoothly rounding at the edge following the same direcction, but i just dont know how to do it, i have try a lot of uv´s types but i don get it. I want the  checkerboard to be even in all of the parts/edges

 

Here is a screenpost and the scene.

 

 

c4dcafe.png

cap problem.c4d

Edited by Cerbera
Retitled for accuracy / later search use

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did UVs for a very similar shape the other day, which looked like this if it helps ? I just did frontal projection of all polys, then manually selected the borders and scaled them out until I had evenness all the way round.

 

1219484181_MoonUV07b.thumb.jpg.4c1a52af88e2cac549c88f1f8db4c9e2.jpg

 

CBR

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Topic Author
  • 8 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

    I did UVs for a very similar shape the other day, which looked like this if it helps ? I just did frontal projection of all polys, then manually selected the borders and scaled them out until I had evenness all the way round.

     

    1219484181_MoonUV07b.thumb.jpg.4c1a52af88e2cac549c88f1f8db4c9e2.jpg

     

    CBR

     

     

    Hello Cerbera, im gonna explain me better with images, i have attached 2 files (bad cap first, good cap second), the good cap shows how the texture should be, and the other one shows how bad it is now. I work for a company of profuct photography and they need that front cap part to be uv´s even, like the texture on the good cap, not stretched like it is now.

    bad cap.jpg

    good cap.jpg

    Edited by Bastardfilms
    explain beter

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    No you explained it fine the first time, and my answer is no different now ! You are making life unnecessarily difficult for yourself by trying to UV so many unnecessary edges. I would first remove those (on the rim), then follow my instructions above. BP UV edit, Top view, select all polys , frontal projection, then manually select the border edges, convert to UV points and scale them out proportionally in the UV edit window, which will give the result in your screenshots above.

     

    CBR

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
  • Topic Author
  • 39 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

    No you explained it fine the first time, and my answer is no different now ! You are making life unnecessarily difficult for yourself by trying to UV so many unnecessary edges. I would first remove those (on the rim), then follow my instructions above. BP UV edit, Top view, select all polys , frontal projection, then manually select the border edges, convert to UV points and scale them out proportionally in the UV edit window, which will give the result in your screenshots above.

     

    CBR

    Cervera i dont understand the part of manually select the border edges and convert to uv poins....sorry, do you know some kind of tutorial where i can see how this tehcnic its done please? i have to get this done soon and learn how to do it.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    There you go. 

     

    image.thumb.png.807c570b41f8e7b679ff3c3ac274be55.png

     

    cap problem Fixed CBR.c4d

     

    The video that started me out on the right way to UV stuff was this one.

     

     

    CBR

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
  • Topic Author
  • 1 hour ago, Cerbera said:

    There you go. 

     

    image.thumb.png.807c570b41f8e7b679ff3c3ac274be55.png

     

    cap problem Fixed CBR.c4d 1.93 MB · 1 download

     

    The video that started me out on the right way to UV stuff was this one.

     

     

    CBR

    Daam thanks a lot Cerbera, i was gonna pass you the scene with the original mesh but you had it already¡

     

    Im gonna watch that video a lot of times for sure until i get it the righ way. Thanks a lot¡

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Join the conversation

    You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

    Guest
    Reply to this topic...

    ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

      Only 75 emoji are allowed.

    ×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

    ×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

    ×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

    Sign in to follow this  

    • Recently Browsing   0 members

      No registered users viewing this page.

    ×
    ×
    • Create New...