Sign in to follow this  
StageFive

Similar to Pose Tag in Cheetah3d?

Hi Everyone, I'm hoping there is something that can replicate this function from Cheetah 3d (see screenshot). This shouldn't be confused with a Pose Morph tag though. Totally different function (and my pose morphs actually do transfer from C3d to C4d, which is nice).

All it does is save the position, rotation, and scale of an object. It was originally meant for character animation, but it's useful for saving the position of a lot of different objects.  I use this all the time to preset positions for hardware I'm modeling to be used in animation. It's also useful (in C3d) to save camera positions, as I don't really need to change my camera settings too often. When I do, I create a new camera. 

Thanks!

Simon

C3d Pose Tag.png

I once had a similar tag but that was some time ago. Are you sure that the PoseTag couldn't do the same? What's the main difference?

I might dig it out and do a new version (takes time though) but I wouldn't want to replicate functionality that is already in C4D.

• Topic Author
  • Hi Cairyn and thanks for the response! 

Is the Pose Tag you mentioned different from the Pose Morph Tag? I know the terminology going from one app to another can differ. I tried looking, but I might not have looked for the correct name. I've made two videos to show examples. One is the Pose Morph in C4d showing how my sucker tool object imported from C3d. The sliders work exactly like they do in C3d. So no problem there. The second video is one I made in C3d showing how I use the Pose Tag there. It's pretty basic, so hopefully it will show what I'm after. It can also record rotation and scaling. But mainly only ever need the position and sometimes rotation to be recorded. This may or may not be the most ideal way, but I taught myself 3d just using forums, books, and tutorial videos over the years. So it works really well for me using this method. If the video didn't show what I'm after, I can make another one that maybe will show it better.

If you do have some type of plugin or script that you think can do this, please let me know. Of course whenever it's convenient for you. Ich Danke Ihnen. 

Simon