Sign in to follow this  
manyarms

Sketch & Toon behind glass

HI, for fun I'm trying to re-engineer one of EverFresh designs cool animations he's been posting here.. https://twitter.com/everfreshdesign 

I'm trying to figure out how he made the sketch and toon show up behind glass.. when I do it.. the lines come in but the color looks shaded as a normal material.. Any idea on how he did this?

Thanks!

liquidGlass.jpg

Tag him, and then you can ask him directly ! @everfresh

CBR

@manyarms might be the refraction causing it... although i have made toon glass with refraction before, and i didn't have those issues. if you want you can send me a link to the file and i'll take a look....

• Topic Author
  • 8 hours ago, everfresh said:

@manyarms might be the refraction causing it... although i have made toon glass with refraction before, and i didn't have those issues. if you want you can send me a link to the file and i'll take a look....

Hey! Yeah man, amazing work you're posting! Thanks for sharing your time as well

I've never really been too inspired to try cel shading until I saw your work. I think I've sort of got it figured out..I didn't realize sketch and toon render settings is mostly for outlines but the magic still seems to come from the the standard materials? I've been playing with the cel ramps in the Lumanate channel.  Going to watch your shading tutorial today. Thanks for showing me that @digitvisions

Again great work! Love trying to solve the puzzle of your genius. 😉

milk.png

• Topic Author
  • @everfresh Can I ask you a question? What is the green ring that you have in your wireframe here? I understand if you want to keep your methods close to the vest so if you don't want to say it's all good.. I just can't quite figure out how you made the sort air pockets and stuff. Wondering if you used subtraction objects in the volume.. that sort of works for me.. I think the green ring might be deforming some geometry for the larger splashes maybe?

Thanks!

GreenRing.jpg