Sign in to follow this  
ostraken

Editing point handles on polygon points

Hello all 

I have a segmented editable cube.  I'm trying to smooth the points on one side to make the polygon path look wavy.  I can move the points but I can't figure out how to bring up the bezier handles to smooth them out.   Attached a screen shot of my dilemma 

spline point.png

Edited by ostraken

You are confused. Polygon points don't, and cannot have bezier handles and can't be rotated. Only spline points have those and can.

To make those points 'wavy' you would put the cube under a Subdivision Surface Object.

CBR

Did you tried soft selection mode? (dome mode with needed radius, very low strength and zero width values)

Enable option "restrict", enable "rubber" for elastic movement of points and of course, first select row of points...

• Topic Author
  • ok so I can only move the points on a polygon. it's not possible to do soft interpolation on points when they are attached to polygon only a spline

10-4 

thx

• Topic Author
  • 5 minutes ago, bezo said:

Did you tried soft selection mode? (dome mode with needed radius, very low strength and zero width values)

Enable option "restrict", enable "rubber" for elastic movement of points and of course, first select row of points...

Interesting technique.  I never tried that before.  I want the chamfer effect on the points.  seems like the only way is to create a spline and chamfer the points 

...or you can draw spline profile in front of polygons, enable 2D snapping on splines and in orhtogonal view and restricted movement only in Y axis manually place points over spline profile...

...or bit "commercial" solution is using Holger Biebrach script pack HB ModelingBundle, esspecially script HB_SnapToSpline

short video