Sign in to follow this  
zullup

Adding Joint to existing rig

Hello,

made a rig for a character, finished skinning, added controllers etc and it works as expected. Now I want to go back and add a shoulder joint (scapula joint) but the problem is, that the newly added joints move to a random position after reopening the scene. Actually it already starts happening when adding the new joints to the existing joint hirarchy, saving the file, close and reopen. 

I think that kind of issues I am facing quite a lot when adding stuff to an existing hirachy but sometimes I can prevent it from happening by using parent constrains instead af actually putting things inside an existing hirarchy so I might just do not know how to do that kind of things.

can anybody help me how to deal with that kind of things?

thank you in advance!

Hi, what i do to prevent the joint jumping to original position is, to have the character rig in world 0,0,0 before binding the mesh and selecting all controls, and freeze all transformations.

if you haven't done this then there is a tutorial @Rectro made dealing with this problem  i am not sure where to find it.

It might also be a joint scale thing.  I had some joints that I imported on a model and they were all scaled to 0.01.  Scaled them all to 1 and it all worked out.

• Topic Author
  • 18 hours ago, digitvisions said:

Hi, what i do to prevent the joint jumping to original position is, to have the character rig in world 0,0,0 before binding the mesh and selecting all controls, and freeze all transformations.

if you haven't done this then there is a tutorial @Rectro made dealing with this problem  i am not sure where to find it.

hmm would be great to see this.

2 hours ago, Fastbee said:

It might also be a joint scale thing.  I had some joints that I imported on a model and they were all scaled to 0.01.  Scaled them all to 1 and it all worked out.

all joints are scale 1 so that should not cause the problems in my case....

Hi, If you can post a link to your file ,i will have a look to see if there is a possible solution.