Sign in to follow this  
sampei

Measure & Construction SHOW-HIDE Switch

So I`ve been trying to make a small macro to switch on and off the Measure & Construct tool so I can assign it to a keyboard shortcut, and switch it on and off (basically you do this by ticking and unticking the "Show" checkbox in the tools attributes). I`ve tried to figure this out for countless hours and I just can`t seem to get anywhere, I think it`s supposed to be a IF-ELSE type script, but it`s really out of my brain capacity. If anyone could help out I`d really appreciate it 🙏

Nope. The Show button is not a global setting but bound to the content of the Selection dropdown. Which again can have arbitrary entries.

So, the first thing you would need to do is to identify the Selection that you wish to switch off, find where it is even stored, then toggle the Show value there. This is most likely not a small script.

Sadly, I don't see a documentation manual for Measure & Construction, and if you look up the many MDATA_MEASURE_ values you don't find any pointers either.

You can ask on PluginCafé; maybe the developers have a doc.

• Topic Author
  • Well that explains it then, thanks for the reply. I don`t think it`s really worth it to pursue further then, I wrongly assumed it was going to be quite straightforward since doing this from the user interface, it`s literally 2 clicks. Anyway, thanks again.

I find the Measure & Construction tool quite quirky anyway.

What you can do is to create a Measure & Construction object instead of using the tool's list of... well... pseudo-objects. A true object can be made invisible through the traffic light icons (or any function that influence these) - in fact, the "Show" checkbox in that object seems to be directly connected to the traffic light settings. The advantage is that you have only one measure per object (instead of a list) so it's easier to handle.