Sign in to follow this  
Tim Whiteman

Control 2 car doors with single slider?

• Topic Author
  • On 11/4/2019 at 12:04 PM, jed said:

Can someone elaborate on the difference between ctrl-drag and ctrl-C ctrl-V ? I'm intrigued...

Sure, the difference that @Cerbera had highlighted is that when ctrl-click-dragging nodes with the mouse within the Xpresso window, despite them appearing to have been copied, they do not possess the same characteristics (they didn't work in my example). When using the keyboard shortcut ctrl-C (copy) and ctrl-V (paste) to copy and paste nodes, all of the characteristics are retained and the copied node(s) correctly work as they should. I have no idea why the two processes are different and suspect that it may be a bug?

If you mean here

copy.png.0a41e0c8e15bee22d20394a93c42030b.png

the problem is that you are attempting to drive door left rot B from 2 sources - you can't have 2 different values plugged into the same input port.

No I don't mean there - I mean in the Object manager, and I'm talking about Xpresso tags on Nulls really. So if you have a complete Xpresso setup driving a door opening or something, and then you decide you want a copy of the whole setup so you have 2 doors etc, then Ctrl-dragging the Null will break the Xpresso, whereas Ctrl C/V won't.

CBR

I see what you mean Cerbera - same applies to dynamic connectors. If you have 2 objects and a hinge, crtl-drag makes copies but the 2nd hinge is linked to the 1st 2 objects whereas copy/paste links the 2nd hinge to the 2nd 2 objects.

• Topic Author
  • On 11/5/2019 at 3:23 PM, jed said:

If you mean here

the problem is that you are attempting to drive door left rot B from 2 sources - you can't have 2 different values plugged into the same input port.

Thank you @jed, I appreciate the feedback. It was actually already resolved as you have mentioned in a previous post by @digitvisions