Sign in to follow this  
cinevisual

Balloon string spline dynamics problem

Hi, I was wondering if someone could help shed some light on the following problem.

I have a balloon animation floating up and am testing spline dynamics on the string attached to the balloon which looks ok but there is a problem with the string.

I have a simple spline divided into segments and have a spline dynamics tag and a constraint tag which uses the top point attached to the balloon.

When the balloon begins to float upwards the spline reacts accordingly but the top point attached to the balloon begins to shift out of place but then corrects itself and then shifts out of place again and so on like this.

Does anyone know why it does this and how to stop it moving out of place?

Thanks.

Pls upload scene file.

CBR

Ok I'm guessing this a priorities thing, but I am not the best person to advise on how to set these correctly, so will wait for those who are to come along and explain all that.

Personally I would abandon the spline dynamics approach altogether, and do it with regular dynamics, a polygon string (also regular softbody dynamics), and a ball and socket dynamic connector or spring - that way we keep the simulations within the same system and shouldn't get any priority issues.

Like they do in this tutorial...

CBR

• Topic Author
  • Ok Cebera, thank you for your input I will try the tutorial.