Sign in to follow this  
joolsd

Pose morph not exporting animation data

I have a heart animation which I bought from turbo quid (this is part of the model untextured for copy-write reasons)

The rig is already animated but I need to add a bulge at a certain stage. You see the one half of the heart bloats?

I seems to work in C4D, but when I export to FBX only the bones are working. I have tried to bake the keys on the pose morph but when re-importing the FBX isn't saving the key frames on the pose morph.  

Surely this should work because, it is only really doing what a human face would do with pose morph. Maybe I am missing some settings in the FBX import or export. Need verification.

Thank you 

best regards

Julian

https://we.tl/t-QmJHQLAVHm

57 minutes ago, joolsd said:

I have a heart animation which I bought from turbo quid (this is part of the model untextured for copy-write reasons)

The rig is already animated but I need to add a bulge at a certain stage. You see the one half of the heart bloats?

I seems to work in C4D, but when I export to FBX only the bones are working. I have tried to bake the keys on the pose morph but when re-importing the FBX isn't saving the key frames on the pose morph.  

Surely this should work because, it is only really doing what a human face would do with pose morph. Maybe I am missing some settings in the FBX import or export. Need verification.

Thank you 

best regards

Julian

https://we.tl/t-QmJHQLAVHm

Hi

The workflow that works is to go into Animation layout, and drag the object into the far left list of objects in the Dope Sheet.  Now go to Functions menu and choose bake objects.  Make sure you untick make copy, and choose PLA. If  you dont want to include joint movment turn off the skin tab on your object.  This will bake the pose morph into keys, that being Point Level Animation.  Now if you delete the pose morph or disable it the animation should still work, this is a test before exporting it.  Now export it as FBX.  It should now work.  

PS: Make sure your check on pla to cache option in fxb export along with tracks.

Video below showing the process.

https://youtu.be/MAxmDjR1Cfc

Dan

• Topic Author
  • Thanks Dan, I will check this video tomorrow.

• Topic Author
  • 22 hours ago, Rectro said:

Hi

The workflow that works is to go into Animation layout, and drag the object into the far left list of objects in the Dope Sheet.  Now go to Functions menu and choose bake objects.  Make sure you untick make copy, and choose PLA. If  you dont want to include joint movment turn off the skin tab on your object.  This will bake the pose morph into keys, that being Point Level Animation.  Now if you delete the pose morph or disable it the animation should still work, this is a test before exporting it.  Now export it as FBX.  It should now work.  

PS: Make sure your check on pla to cache option in fxb export along with tracks.

Video below showing the process.

https://youtu.be/MAxmDjR1Cfc

Dan

Hi Dan thanks for the video. I followed your video and it worked from the point of view that after export it came into C4D with baked PLA tracks.

I forgot to say that the final result will be needed for Unity 2019.  I am not sure that the PLA will be recognised without some sort of plugin in unity that brings in PC2 or MC files. I noticed there is an .sphere.mc file.  It is in a folder called Sphere.xml 

There are a few things that are confusing me. I noticed you did your pose morph differently to me. By directly manipulating to points with the grab tool.  However I was using a blend shape to drive the distortion. I know that Fuse/Miximo characters have facial blend shapes. (target meshes) hidden that drive the deform. And they seem to work in Unity. I really just wanted to re-emulate this? Is this possible?  Hope this makes sense?

If you have seen a mixamo character with blend shapes for face in Unity then Unity must except pla data, it could be in the form o dfferent methods.  I would reverse engineer the mixamo character that seems to have face blends working unity.  Id start with the Unity manual.

https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/BlendShapes.html

Dan

• Topic Author
  • On 11/7/2019 at 3:05 PM, Rectro said:

If you have seen a mixamo character with blend shapes for face in Unity then Unity must except pla data, it could be in the form o dfferent methods.  I would reverse engineer the mixamo character that seems to have face blends working unity.  Id start with the Unity manual.

https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/BlendShapes.html

Dan

Yes I tried to copy the fuse figure.  But It isn't working.  The fuse figure after all was originated from a different source.

I have another problem now. Where the whole thing won't export without looking like a crumpled mess. 

EDIT: Scrumping was a scaling problem. Managed to fix.  Blend shapes continue to stump me. Has anyone tried GLTF into a game engine?

Best regards

Jools