Sign in to follow this  
catnap

Mixamo rigged character, T-pose Problems

Hi, I have character that I used the Mixamo website to rig. I imported it and applied the Mixamo character rig to it.
I wanted to make the the character start in the T-pose (to export to Marvelous Designer) then animate into the animation from the Mixamo website. 
I thought it would be simple to select all the weight tags, then click reset the bind pose button and set keyframes, but its not working.
Any thoughts on this? Or how I should move forward?
Thanks in advance!!

I've uploaded the zipped C4D file.

Walk.zip

Hi

The workflow I use is a follows.  I think I did a video on this at CGdreamstutorials on youtube.

1: Upload character to Mixmo and rig it.

2: apply a T pose from mixamo and download it.

3: Apply the walk or other animations and download them.

4: Load in the Tpose version into C4D with skin/geometry, and all the other animations but without the skin.

5: Select the Tpoe rig root and go to Animation/Make Motion clip.  Name the clip T pose.

6:  Make a Motion clip for each of the other imported animations and delete the rigs as you go, dont worry the motion data remains.

7: Open Animation layout and add your T pose for about 10 seconds, but you can use less time, then add the other animations as required.

8: Bake the animation down, export the FBX file.

9: Load into MD, if you have MD higher than V4 all animation will load in if not, its a longer route.

10: make clothes, so to simulate andthe character will go from Tpose into the animation.  Export the clothes as Alembic file.

11: import clothes to C4D scene.  providing the FPS match MD all will work fine.

Check out my CGdreamstutorials Im sure I covered all this.  Here it is.

Dan

• Topic Author
  • Thanks Dan!

Wow! such a quick response!

Your explanation and tutorial of your workflow was extremely helpful! Really appreciate it!!

Thank you VERY much!!

Oh, would know of any other free MOCAP libraries online?

54 minutes ago, catnap said:

Thanks Dan!

Wow! such a quick response!

Your explanation and tutorial of your workflow was extremely helpful! Really appreciate it!!

Thank you VERY much!!

Oh, would know of any other free MOCAP libraries online?

There are plenty but the ones you get from mixamo are made to work correct with the mixamo rig.  That being said you can try to retarget them with some success.  Do a google search for "free mocap files"

Dan

• Topic Author
  • Hey Dan,

So I was following some tutorials regarding the new Mixamo control rig in R21.

Is it possible to add the Mixamo control rig to a t-pose transitioning into an walk cycle and? like in your tutorial

Cinema 4D to Mixamo to Marvelous Designer Step by step workflow.

Is it possible? I hope I explained this well enough.

Thank you!