Sign in to follow this  
Jennifer

Reset Colour scheme ?

So I decided I need to mess around with Scheme Colours at 3am in the morning yesterday after watching this tutorial: 

Now I messed up my schemes colours and RESET button is nowhere to be found! PLEASE HAAAALP to restore the original Cinema 4d Dark theme colours. I've tried deleting Dark folder from Schemes, tried deleting Prefs - nothing helped whatsoever, they still looked like this:

2103435705_Screenshot2019-11-09at22_54_29.thumb.png.5edfc78a46f7fc58b23937afb3270e71.png

I know this is not the correct Interface Colour schemes, but I can't revert back! 

1884808857_Screenshot2019-11-09at23_04_05.thumb.png.22d263ea1f27d32d4b5c45878b53b746.png

Edited by Cerbera
Retitled for accuracy / later search use

Hi

Open preferences, click on the open folder button then open the Prefs folder.  In there is the current scheme your using, either Dark or Light. In my case its Dark.col.  Always rename the files rather than delete them.  I renamed mine to "Dark.col-off"  Restart C4D, and the colours should be reset.  To test this I only changed a background colour, and it reset it fine.  I dont mess with these colours myself but agree there should be a reset button.

Things in R18 may be different in which case Calryn post may be more accurate, I only have r20, 21 on my system.

Dan

The colors are saved in multiple places actually. If you changed colors manually, go to your Home directory and find under /prefs the file <schemename>.col. This file contains the overwritten color set. Deleting it (well, to be sure just rename it) will restore the colors that are stored under Home directory /library/schemes/<yourscheme>/<yourscheme>.col. If there are no local schemes, C4D will use the default ones in the installation directory, which you shouldn't change anyway.

• Topic Author
  • I tried, nothing works. Probably reinstall is the only way now

Did you make some changes in installation directory of Cinema4D? (I mean playing directly with scheme files etc.) If nothing changes inside install directory, go to preference folder and in "prefs" folder look for changed scheme name with suffix "col" and remove/delete it.

If in preference folder is folder called "library", go inside and look for "schemes" folder. If there is something inside, delete it...