Sign in to follow this  
daddycoull

Chain jittering when moving the spline

Hi there,

I'm animating the splines that control my chains, on their own they move fine when you select the curve of the spline and move it up and down.  The problem occurs when I combine both splines and try and move both curves up and down, one side jitters while the other side is fine.  Kinda annoying is it fixable or do I have to animate them independently?

Thanks again.

VNA Chians for C4dcafe.c4d

I don't feel qualified to answer this, but do have a sneaking suspicion it will be a priorities thing, so if it is I am posting here in the hope that whoever can tell us what the correct priorities might be and why, I for one would be most grateful, as this is something I have been trying to understand for years, especially in how these priorities work with or are different from the hierarchy / ordering of the Object Manager. I have read the help on this many times, but lack practical examples that demonstrate these things.

CBR

• Topic Author
  • 2 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

I don't feel qualified to answer this, but do have a sneaking suspicion it will be a priorities thing, so if it is I am posting here in the hope that whoever can tell us what the correct priorities might be and why, I for one would be most grateful, as this is something I have been trying to understand for years, especially in how these priorities work with or are different from the hierarchy / ordering of the Object Manager.

CBR

I managed to do this without issue for the other chain on the VNA (see other thread to video the animation), but for some reason it isn't playing ball with these chains.

• Topic Author
  • Just now, daddycoull said:

I managed to do this without issue for the other chain on the VNA (see other thread to video the animation), but for some reason it isn't playing ball with these chains.

no wait i lied it does the same. Dam.

• Topic Author
  • Did a quick mock up and it doesn't seem to be jittering / shaking for this set up.  Weird wonder why its happening with my other file?

c4d chains.c4d

• Topic Author
  • 18 hours ago, Cerbera said:

I don't feel qualified to answer this, but do have a sneaking suspicion it will be a priorities thing, so if it is I am posting here in the hope that whoever can tell us what the correct priorities might be and why, I for one would be most grateful, as this is something I have been trying to understand for years, especially in how these priorities work with or are different from the hierarchy / ordering of the Object Manager. I have read the help on this many times, but lack practical examples that demonstrate these things.

CBR

I fixed it, in the Cloner change the distribution from Step to Even.