Sign in to follow this  
BigAl3D

Randomize Weight Colors?

Wow, what a lonely forum section. Am I crazy (don't answer that) or do I remember the ability to randomize weight colors in a rig? Not the joints, but the weights themselves. Sometimes, when looking at a leg for example, it's difficult to see where all the joints have influence when the color for the first weight is dark blue and the next one is slightly less-dark blue, followed by medium-dark blue. I'd like to have a red, next to a bright green then a blue. Just easier to see. 

Anyway, I thought there was a button for that, but I can't find it in C4D or searches.

Weight Manager / Display ?

CBR

• Topic Author
  • I can't find anything in the Weight Manager either. If you double-click the color swatch, it just gives you the option to change the color of the joint, not the weight. Seems odd you can do that in a program that is famous for customization.

Note: We have opened Weight Manager WM (Shift+left doubleclick on weight tag)

Cinema add color to weights by some formula/automatically only in case in WM/Display/Colors/Surface Colors is set to "Multiply"

When you switch this mode to "Object", you can manually set colors as you wish in Joints/Weights tabs of WM...

• Topic Author
  • Aha! That works. Thanks for the tip. I thought there was a randomize all colors, but maybe that's from the old CDTools back in the day. Or I'm just old. 

Some little button for randomize color I think can not be hard for programmers since it´s just display parameter...

...Yes, old good Dan, I was used a lot of times mainly his Morph tool...