Sign in to follow this  
Monstrphil

Node Editor not working.....

Anyone else having this issue. I upgraded to R21 and have Octane V4.05-r7. Yesterday I was rendering no issues. Today-I dont see my texture in the view window in texture editor (but I do down below) AND I cannot get into the node editor. But I can still render out...............

And yes-Material Preview is checked in the options menu.

Have you tried deleting preferences and restarting?

@Hrvoj  - yes I did......but to no avail. Unless there is another way? I still have R19 on my machine and can do the job here at work......but it's a waste to have R21 just sitting there doing nothing.............

How would you delete the preference within the program? (maybe I did something wrong)

Open C4D, hit Ctrl+E, open prefs folder from bottom left via button, close C4D, delete the whole folder 🙂

Well-updated Octane and C4d. Deleted the preference folder. Still no node editor. I sent a ticket to Otoy.............we will see what happens.

thank you again.

Is the "Node Editor" button visible (in the Basic tab)

Hi, was this ever resolved? I am experiencing the same issue. Live window viewer works but the octane node editor does not for some reason. It looks like the basic material editor cinema 4d comes with?

WOOHOO! It was Solved! Kevin at OTOY said that I didnt have the correct build to match C4d-so he sent me a link to get the correct one and now it works. @Basquiat Send an email to the OTOY help-they got back to me fairly quickly.