Sign in to follow this  
Unstable

Corvette start

I've never attempted modeling something as difficult as a car and before I get too far, I would like to know if I'm on the right path or if I need to start over. I've already restarted numerous times, but I like where this one is so far. I still have to work out some smoothness and I know I don't have the fender quite right under the light. But do you see anything that is like "If you continue with this you're going be stuck at so and so point.". I included the reference pics I'm using and the blueprint. I made the hood wider than the blueprint because it looked wider on the actual vehicle. The poly flow could probably be better in a few areas as well. Any feedback is welcome. Thanks

Chevrolet Corvette (1958).png

soft-top-hood.jfif left side angle.jfif vet_wip.c4d

The way you are going is mostly fine, although you are working at a slightly higher polygon density than you require initially, so making a little more work for yourself.

And you don't appear to have symmetry setup, which is something I'd get in place from poly 1. Lastly your loops are a little uneven in places so could do with some ironing, or better still (if you have HB modelling bundle) some Round Edge tool.

CBR