Sign in to follow this  
Bastardfilms

Problem with UVS in a symmetrical model

Hello guys, i have done the uvs of a corner of a model (see picture leather 1). Then i have applied symmetrys to form the whole object and i have add a subdivision surface, and the texture looks really on the symmetry edges (see picture leaher 2).

What can i do? i need the texture to wrap perfectly on the whole exterior object, its a little urgent. Thanks a lot¡

@Cerbera its the model you passed two days ago 🙏

leather 1.png

leather 2.png

Hi, The symmetry is only an aid to speed up the modelling process. you need to temperately turn the subD off select the two symmetry objects and make them editable, Then apply the texture again on the completed object.

Maybe it could be fine with some parametric projection (cubic for instance), but for nice/realistic results is needed to create good UV´s and use UVW mapping.

Small example:

Material Folds_0001.zip

for super-exact result on fold polygons is needed to add them into main UV island. Also with using SDS always try different subdivide UV mode, the best results are with boundary or edge mode...