Sign in to follow this  
hvanderwegen

Blender 2.81 released

@FLima

RE: bendy bones 
Indeed, this option is convenient. However, with this high level option, it comes with a price. You can't customize it per se. You are stuck with the provided options, which might be what you want. Problem comes in when you merge your custom tools with the built-in high level tools. It is either you will confirm your custom tools to the existing one or create an entirely new bendy bone system. 

Anyway, to be a technical artist, you need to learn both. 

RE:  I feel that the weight paint and bone
Hmm. Personally, I still prefer C4D. Correct me if I'm wrong there is no built-in way to export/import weights in Blender. You have to write a script to do it. 
You can't also import curves in Blender from other software. So for instance, you already made controls from other DCC and want to port them to Blender, you basically need to recreate them from scratch 

RE: C4D Object Manager. 
I agree. Blender 2.80 outliner is counter intuitive. That said 2.81 Outliner is way, waaaaaaaaaay better 🙂

Just curious what everyone is using for navigating in Blender? Are you using standard hotkeys? Custom? Specifically do you use middle mouse button and the shift or cntrl button to move around? I've tried switching everything to the more universal alt+click method, but then find I have to change other hotkeys for selecting edges and what not. And then if you add plugins they have their own hotkeys that might interfere as well.

But personally I don't know how anyone is using the middle mouse button to rotate around. My middle mouse button requires a bit more force to push down and its just awkward to hold all the time. 

• Topic Author
  • 1 hour ago, smibrand said:

Just curious what everyone is using for navigating in Blender? Are you using standard hotkeys? Custom? Specifically do you use middle mouse button and the shift or cntrl button to move around? I've tried switching everything to the more universal alt+click method, but then find I have to change other hotkeys for selecting edges and what not. And then if you add plugins they have their own hotkeys that might interfere as well.

But personally I don't know how anyone is using the middle mouse button to rotate around. My middle mouse button requires a bit more force to push down and its just awkward to hold all the time. 

I agree. I use X-Mouse Button Control to map the middle mouse button to the left side mouse button on my Razer DeathAdder. Much more ergonomic, and it makes use of the thumbs natural movement. 

Initially I did this because the middle mouse button (acting also as a scroll wheel) started to mis-fire, but now I prefer this setup. It puts much less stress on my hand.

https://www.highrez.co.uk/downloads/xmousebuttoncontrol.htm

Only for Windows, though, and requires a mouse with extra side buttons.

• Topic Author
  • Mantaflow hit the master yesterday and is part of the new features in Blender 2.82!

ygZa6Z9.gif

Also some interesting new developments by Pablo: