Sign in to follow this  
boothal

Redshift Material preview not working

Hey all,

so I just got into Redshift for Cinema4D and the material previews are lagging and sometimes not matching or showing at all. I'm wondering if anyone else has had this issue and found a fix.

Cheers!

Capture.JPG

What kind of machine you have, Nvidia or AMD? 

Nvidia. I finally found the solution... Preferences - Renderer - Redshift    there's a tick box to turn on "Refresh Material Previews Automatically".

I really don't understand why this is an option to turn off let a lone this be my default setting but, so it goes.

All is taken care of and all is forgiven. Hope this helps someone in the future aha.

Thanks for the reply!

"I really don't understand why this is an option to turn off let a lone this be my default setting but, so it goes."

Late post but I also ran into this issue once. The toggle is also available inside the redshift node view so you may have possibly toggled is there without realizing. That's how I did it 🙂

After doing some research I came to find out that the reason the switch is there is because the material preview uses the gpu resources, same as a regular redshift render so this way you can disable it in order for it not to tax the system.