Sign in to follow this  
munkittrick

Having an issue with mirroring a rig...

Can you send the scene file please, Im sure its something simple missed in the moment of frustration.

Dan

• Topic Author
  • Certainly.  It's a mid-poly build that is at the bare minimum for the model without going into creating Normal maps and deformations...but it's attached for your interest.

Thanks again!

Mid_Poly_Rig_Test.c4d

• Topic Author
  • 9 hours ago, Rectro said:

Thanks, hard to see on my phone.  Good pick up on the mirror tool, I think all his issues are around that, and the fact that he is not having symmetry check on for character builder.  Iv shown this in a quick video posting in a min.  

PS: Just in case your not already doing this, to create limbs for both sides as you build it, hold Shift key to stay in that modular build stage, and Shift + Ctrl to both stay in that stage and add limb joints in symmetry.  It would seem your building one side then trying to use the Joint mirror tool.

Dan

Thanks for this link as well! A lot of good info in there that you'd only understand if explained like this video does.

• Topic Author
  • Okay....this is really odd. I got the rig to work flawlessly....but ONLY if I use the "advanced biped". There appears to be something amiss with the standard "biped" rig. I've tried the "advanced biped" on three different meshes...and they have all worked exactly as expected.

While I'm here, I have another relative question. Is there a way to add an item to TWO separate layers? The character rig appears to use layers to organize the structure, but I was wondering if it's possible to add one of those already layered files to another layer...so that I can select those specific controllers/joints in the hierarchy without having to show other miscellaneous joints.

2 hours ago, munkittrick said:

Is there a way to add an item to TWO separate layers?

Fairly sure that's a no I'm afraid...

CBR