Sign in to follow this  
jericsynrgy

"Show Help" for menu items?

In many parts of the interface there's an option to "Show Help" when you rclick on a term, label, field or gadget.

I find this convenient 👍 because IMO the Search function of the Help is near useless, not least because it doesn't support the literal option engaged in many search engines when you use quotes.  Many searches return far too many hits to be convenient.  🙄

"Show Help" is good, but Is there a similar functionality for Menu entries?

Actually the help system works on almost everything, also for buttons with commands. And menus, while behaving/feeling a bit different, are no different in this regard. Use the bar on top of the menu to rip it off, it turns into a normal button bar. Now, you can right click and call for help.

And this also works inside the commander (Shift-C). There you can search for commands and directly call the help (again via right click context menu).

One thing I'm not sure about, how this behaves in R21 on Mac, where the menus turned into the standard system menu bar. I'm pretty sure, if the MAXON developers had any chance to preserve this behavior, they have. But I have no Mac so I can't be sure.

Cheers

Also could be used another method for calling help. Hold/place mouse cursor over command you want to check and press Ctrl+F1