Sign in to follow this  
AlexisB

Plugin to preview HDRIs on scene

Hey guys,

Are there any plugins that allow you to preview the general look of every HDRI you have implemented on your scene? Instead of having to constantly try out one after one until you find one you like...

Not that I am aware of...

CBR

How would you like this to work?

Would it be convenient, if a script created keyframes on a selected material, with one image of a chosen folder per keyframe? Would it be safe to assume, the HDRI is always in the same material chanel? Is it safe to assume, it's not stacked into a shader hierarchy (like layer shader, whatever shader,...)?

Or would it be better to leave aside any keyframing and animations, but instead save a scene file with every HDRI, so you can throw them as a bunch onto a render farm?

Or would Takes be more convenient? Maybe one Take per HDRI?

Is a folder enough to chose? Or do you need file/folder lists? Would the content of the folder need to be filtered (like *_HDRI.hdr or MumboJumbo_*.tif) or would certain filetypes need to be excluded (e.g. only tif, but never gif)?

Of course it could also simply run through all files and render an image each. But this sounds least controllable to me, compared to keyframes and Takes.

Kent Barber´s HDR Texture Connections plugin is very useful for this. With just single click could be checked any HDR maps from libraries/folders...

(and you´ ll find your favourite map really fast)

https://www.plugins4d.com/hdr-texture-connections

• Topic Author
  • @bezothis is exactly what im looking for.

Aside from all the monthly subscriptions i have though i'll have to postpone this one or look for a free alternative.

Will definitely save it for future reference, thanks a lot!