Sign in to follow this  
AlexisB

Adding to Mixamo Object After C4D Import

Hi guys,

I made a character and imported it to Mixamo, animated it then opened it on Marvelous Designer to dress it then again to C4D.

I want to add to the character shoes on C4D and have it follow the animation + clothes simulation.. Is there any way I can do that?

This is the video:

Basically I want to add the shoe to the first frame of the animation and since its all in a Null have it follow the character as it moves in its right place

Untitled-1.thumb.jpg.d752d47ac998f159f4307210365a97aa.jpg

Any way i can do that or should i drop it completely?

Thanks!

Hi

You can use a Parent constraint.  It can be a pain to not get intersections, you need to make sure the pivot of the shoe is at the same location as the ankle joint i.e the foot, so when you parent the shoe to the foot joint it rotates correctly.  The pain is when you have animation bending the shoe.  For that  Pose morphs come into play.

Here is a file for a quick example.  Just hit play.

Dan

shoe on foot.c4d

• Topic Author
  • I also have to attach hair, so i believe the best thing to do would be to do it again from scratch. import it to Mixamo from C4D including hair and added shoe. One problem though: the Hair tag is adding crazy amount of polygons which will make the computer lag and the document inefficient to work with between C4D, Mixamo and MD

Untitled-1.thumb.jpg.62adbcf7b1fe9d5ca58ed78961a6e7b6.jpg 

I like the curly feel but cant afford that number of polys, isnt there a way to design this hair or convert it into minimum poly while maintaining its shape? Polygon Reduction doesnt work it ruins the edges and the poly count would still be high.

Did my answer to first question solve that? 

• Topic Author
  • 7 hours ago, Rectro said:

Did my answer to first question solve that? 

I saw the file and it does answer that. I should be watching some Parent Constraint tutorials too. 

But given the fact that i need to add both hair and shoes to the character i believe its better to get back to inital modeling to add them instead of adding parent constraints later on, im worried how accurate the result might be.

9 hours ago, AlexisB said:

I also have to attach hair, so i believe the best thing to do would be to do it again from scratch. import it to Mixamo from C4D including hair and added shoe. One problem though: the Hair tag is adding crazy amount of polygons which will make the computer lag and the document inefficient to work with between C4D, Mixamo and MD

Untitled-1.thumb.jpg.62adbcf7b1fe9d5ca58ed78961a6e7b6.jpg 

I like the curly feel but cant afford that number of polys, isnt there a way to design this hair or convert it into minimum poly while maintaining its shape? Polygon Reduction doesnt work it ruins the edges and the poly count would still be high.

Is there a solution around this? Maintaining curly hair but minimizin polys so that the document can still be workwable?

2 hours ago, AlexisB said:

But given the fact that i need to add both hair and shoes to the character i believe its better to get back to inital modeling to add them instead of adding parent constraints later on, im worried how accurate the result might be.

Yea its always much easier to add clothes to replace body if no simulation is needed, and have shoes instead of feet.    The hair can be done at any time but its not worth any simulation until everything else is done, then cache the hair dynamaics.

Hair wise is that geometry, if so thats very dence, make hair cards from hair object would maybe better,

Dan

• Topic Author
  • 57 minutes ago, Rectro said:

make hair cards from hair object would maybe better,

thats what i did, but its still very heavy with polys, how can i make the hair look the same but with minimum polys?

6 hours ago, AlexisB said:

thats what i did, but its still very heavy with polys, how can i make the hair look the same but with minimum polys?

The picture is not all that large to see the hair.  You could sculpt some hair and use a normal map, or indeed a displacement map.  Make a scalp cap and sculpt that.  You could use a alpha for a more convincing look.

Dan