Sign in to follow this  
Matthew Geasey

streaming ACN [E1.31] Receiver Script

Hey Y'all,

I'm trying to learn a little something about getting a simple network stream into C4D to control a single node. Building out the node structure how I need it is no problem, I'm just having some roadblocks due to my lack of knowledge on more advanced python scriptiing, of getting that stream into the python node. Attached is my play around file, which I'm sure is wayyy wrong haha, but, oh well, hopefully I'll get some more insight on more learning I do today. Any light shed on this would be super helpful and appreciated!

Thanks for y'alls time on this!

Cheers!

MattG

Python_testing.c4d

That is a large script 🙂

Inside Xpresso you really don't want to do that kind of stuff since it is limited in it's nature. For any external input on node you have to define a proper port with data type and soon things become impossible for what you are after.

Only feasible approach is to create a python plugin where you can utilize python in full. You might want to take a look here also:

https://developers.maxon.net/?page_id=1114

Free C4D trainings from MAXON professional on our youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/c4dcafe

First thing I would ask is what the usecase actually is... "network stream" sounds like it needs a continuous realtime interpretation, which may not be the native domain for a 3D content creation program.

• Topic Author
  • Hey Guys!

Thanks for the shout back, the developer link was very helpful, thank you for that! I'm gonna try to see if I can get a simple OSC command to work and see if that gets me the result I'm trying to achieve! I'll let you know the more I find out!

Cheers!

MattG