Sign in to follow this  
AlexisB

Make Popsicle Top More Rounded

Hey guys,

I have this 3d Model of a popsicle

Screen-Shot-2019-11-29-at-10_01.54-AM.thumb.jpg.459fc78185df03839ff6e83839090067.jpgScreen-Shot-2019-11-29-at-10_02.08-AM.thumb.jpg.ad081c0d0c458ef2b7ee21c7dc7ebe4a.jpg

I want the end result to be more rounded at the top, like this

1154371667_ScreenShot2019-11-29at10_09_49AM.png.3df35d5dc5aef88df77d69fc67d102cb.png

How can i do this without having to remodel the whole top?

Thanks!

Re model. Re modelling this should take ten minutes.😉

• Topic Author
  • im super new with modelling, i was capable of modeling this but im worried about the realism in the final renders

Anything you think is lacking in this model? How can i make it more realistic without adding too many polys?

Screen-Shot-2019-11-29-at-12_06.59-PM.thumb.jpg.bde420cce713e8bb7d88d98271cde943.jpgScreen-Shot-2019-11-29-at-12_07.18-PM.thumb.jpg.afd1027d889e86dfcd6e64d8616c73d5.jpg

We don't have good enough reference to tell how close this is. Have you got any pics that clearly show the indents ?

However I would say they are slightly loose and baggy at the moment due to not enough horizontal loops. I think you need about 3 more.

Also you haven't redirected the edge flow at the top, so it's not the most natural of curves you're getting there...

Perhaps an edge flow more like this might be better ?

image.png

But looking again at your original, this might not be right either in terms of what those indents are actually doing. I just can't see the form properly through all that tesselation ! 🙂

CBR

Actually, with more looking I can't help thinking those indents are wrong. They're not even indents ! 🙂 I think it's more like this in your original model (+ rounded top obviously). I also think it angles out slightly down its length.

Popsicle a.jpg  Popsicle b.jpg

In my version I preserved the straight 'shoulder slope' of the extruded bits, but I suspect if you are going to round out the top, they would probably go rounded too, which, if you are making this out of double symmetry like I am, you can fix by moving one single edge.

CBR

• Topic Author
  • @Cerberathe 2 indents are internal not external. The first picture you sent is correct but my point of concern is to have it look realistic and imperfect as a model.. 

new popsicle my design.c4d

Normally you wouldn't add that sort of detail with modelling. That's what sculpting, Displacement, Normal Maps and materials are for...

CBR