munkittrick

Lock the brush transform tool axis?

Hi all!
 I'm trying to create a virtual copy of existing terrain for texture mapping and projection. I can lock the scale, rotation and movement of my plane, but I...for the life of me cannot figure out how I was able to lock the brush tool transform when I shifted the object's points. So, I throw myself to the mercy of the gods of pixel pushing. How do I restrict the BRUSH TOOL to move points in only one direction?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

38 minutes ago, munkittrick said:

How do I restrict the BRUSH TOOL to move points in only one direction?

You may be getting confused between regular brush tool and sculpt brush. The former is not restrictable to a single direction, whereas the latter is ( in direction attributes of tool), at least in pull and grab modes and a few others.

CBR

• Topic Author
  • Actually, I figured it out. The constraint is the key combination of CONTROL+SHIFT+RIGHT CLICK and drag. Transform brush goes along only the axis that you drag. Thanks so much for the reply.

5 minutes ago, munkittrick said:

The constraint is the key combination of CONTROL+SHIFT+RIGHT CLICK and drag

10 minutes ago, munkittrick said:

Transform brush goes along only the axis that you drag.

Ok now I'm confused. There is no tool in Cinema called a Transform Brush ! Intrigued to know what you are referring to...

CBR

• Topic Author
  • Go to your Mesh menu, drop down to the Transform Tools and the third selection is the transform brush tool. Well, that's what MAXON decided to call it anyway. It's really more of a distortion tool without any ability to control it...but like I said, I figured it out and it's working as expected again. For some reason, when I'm working on larger projects, my memory gets bogged down and I need to do a restart...and all my tools come right back to life!

Thanks again!

8 minutes ago, munkittrick said:

Go to your Mesh menu, drop down to the Transform Tools and the third selection is the transform brush tool.

Oh right, there. Third one down (in R19) is the Magnet Tool, which isn't a brush !  That was what was confusing me, but yes, that does behave as you describe ! 🙂

CBR