Sign in to follow this  
Jahfary

Cloner field weights in a hierarchy

Hello guys.

I have a cloner with mograph weight. Then i use a plain  with an spherical field multiplying the weight field. Till here everything works as expected. The cloner moves on Y position depending on the influence of the weightmap.

After this i use this cloner to clone it in a grid array and the plain effector stops working. When removing the weight from the plain field its works as expected. What Im doing wrong. I attach an example scene.

Thanks

Plain_cloner_hierarchy.c4d

Please take care to post in the correct section, which in this case is Mograph / General setups, not Introductions. I'll move it for you.

CBR

Looks like a problem with addressing the the weights correctly. Also you have the effector assigned to both cloners. I'm attaching a working version that uses a step field instead of the weights to achieve the same effect. Hope that helps.  

Plain_cloner_hierarchy_0002.c4d

• Topic Author
  • Cerbera Didn't realize i missplaced the topic. 

Definetly your approach works better. I managed to make it work making editable the first cloner and putting the weights in the second one. Thanks Havealot