Sign in to follow this  
Intenditore

r21 - hotkeys stop working in Timeline

I was hoping new update will fix that, but nope. Hotkeys are randomly stopping working in Timeline, like it's window isn't activated, so I press "spacebar" and the tool switches to previous one instead of animation playing. Going back to main window and to timeline back sometimes helps, but it's all random. Very disturbing bag I have to say, fix it ASAP please

Hi Intenditore! can you please provide more infos:
System:
Resolution:
Dual Monitor ?:
Graphic Card and driver version?
if possible a screen recording can also be very helpful to us.

Here its working as expected to me but im using one monitor only and its a notebook.
I will try to trigger it in my desktop on monday.
usually the space bar is sensitive to Powerslider, Timeline and Viewport
with active viewport it will toogle your between the lastest two tools.
with power slider or timeline it will play the timeline and stop the timeline.

You can also try to disable Mouse Move Activation in preferences and see how it behaves to you.
I hope you can trigger it again, solid reproduction steps are very helpful and they allow us to react quickly.

• Topic Author
  • Author of the topic Posted

I do doubt these things might affect how it works. I have Windows, 1080p, one external monitor.

I tackled different settings but nothing changes. The problem is intermittent and I can't specify why it happens. But it happens every session

• Topic Author

Today I just went crazy over this issue. It's very, very disturbing!

More than that I discovered more problems. I worked on the relatively heavy scene using Shift+Q/Shift+S (quantize/snap) shortcuts. And they worked only intermittently - once they do once they don't. 
    Sometimes when I switched between move/scale/rotate keys it switches for a blink of an eye and then goes back immediately to previous one.
    When Drag+Click over the column of "dots" for animated parameters to set the keys it's so sluggish it misses one or more "dots" and I have to manually click it to set the key.

Something is wrong!..

• Topic Author

Nobody else experiences this?

I'm tired of that

I also have the #1-#2 hot key issue. Using 2 to scale my timeline intermittently stops working or only scales a tiny bit. I have to switch to F-Curves window, then back to make the keys work again (same is true for F-Curve window... or it may only work in scaling down but not up). I've also had keys drop out of a column when control dragging (infrequently). 

Edit: I believe it's much worse when I have audio waveforms showing in my timeline. If I fold them up (hide them) it doesn't happen nearly as often.

Side Note: I'm also frustrated that when I reopen a file with audio in the timeline, the waveform is totally spiked... I have to reimport all of my audio into the nulls/timeline to see the waveform correctly.

Well, today it is just constantly happening. Every 4th time or so I try to scale my timeline, I have to switch to F-Curve and back to get it to work.

You still having trouble with scaling the timeline? I AM!!! 🙂 

On 1/11/2020 at 3:24 PM, Intenditore said:

Nobody else experiences this?

I'm tired of that

Do you by chance have a Huion tablet plugged in? I unplugged mine from the USB port and the timeline works as expected now. 

• Topic Author

Not Huinon, but there's a Wacom one.

Actually, it seems 21.207 fixed the issue