Sign in to follow this  
LexNapid

Greetings!

Hello Everyone!

I have spent the last two days rigorously searching for 3d modeling software, and it feels like this is home from my research...am I home?

-I am in the start up process of developing a series of medical devices,  I have existing 2D sketches, and a provisional patent.  I am totally new to 3D design

-I do not need 3D printable  designs, currently the product development and presentation are my focus.   I need to be able to sketch out the products on my own against premade anatomical objects,  in a beginner friendly way (I would love suggestions about where to find them)

-After I'm comfortable with my designs, I want to use them for a professional presentation which will be animated, and view-able both on a PC and VR (Oculus Quest) 

This product line is near and dear to me, I know I have my work cut out for me and I'm ready.  Any advice on how to execute my vision would be greatly appreciated!!!

Hello and welcome to the Cafe.

You mentioned Medical devices which says to me hardware equipment, so this would be hard surface modelling mainly.  You may need to tell us more on what you mean when you say " to sketch out against premade anatomical objects"  The anatomical objects I assume here is Organs if so we are looking at Organic modeling.  You use some additional methods between Hard surface and Organic modelling. How accurate does the designs need to be pure visualisation or cad precision?  Your be able to view them on PC right away, but I not sure on the process for VR,its not my area.

3D modelling does take some time and guidance, but its worth it if you have the time.  If your pretty good around learning new tech and around computers, as well as having some artistic skills it will make it easier.   I would need to see the kind of things your wanting to make, but it can take years to be a good modeller on more complex objects. 

Dan

Welcome home! 🙂

Fire away when you dive in with modelling, we will be happy to help!

• Topic Author
  • @Rectro  Dan, Thanks so much.  I tried sending you a message through your website and I don't think it took.  If there's a better way to get in touch please let me know.

• Topic Author
  • @Hrvoje I knew I was home!  🙂 Thank you Sir, I sent you a DM. 

9 hours ago, LexNapid said:

@Rectro  Dan, Thanks so much.  I tried sending you a message through your website and I don't think it took.  If there's a better way to get in touch please let me know.

Hi

Il check out my site today.   You can get me on (contact at daniel-ripley dot co dot uk)

Edit:  My site seems to be fine, what browser did you use?  At the bottom of my sites web form is my email address shown in case of issues.

Dan