Sign in to follow this  
Igor

MAXON & RED GIANT JOIN FORCES!!

Now we just need adobe to buy them and then include all of it in creative cloud. 

With the purchase of Allegorithmic, we can feel Adobe becoming more serious about 3D, maybe MAXON prepares the response the other way around.

Dear MAXON:

Please next buy Adobe and fix their products so they are all fully multi-threaded, rock-solid stable and display elegantly functional German engineering.

🙂   

If MAXON is in such a good mood to purchase other companies, I have two suggestions that would make more sense than the RED GIANT purchase:

1) Video Copilot Element 3D - Just buy this and put inside Cinema4D. It will work as an improved viewport AND as a real-time render engine. The plugin already reads C4D files, so it's a no brainer.

2) HitFilm Pro - Which is basically a (very good) Adobe After Effects-Premiere-Element3D clone but all in one, This would be an amazing companion for Cinema 4D if it could read C4D files natively and had the same 3D navigation commands.

You're welcome MAXON. 😁

9 hours ago, Azenix said:

Now we just need adobe to buy them and then include all of it in creative cloud. 

Won't happen

This idea is circulating around for 10+ years and with recent developments I hope it becomes even clearer that it won't happen. Details about this merger will be announced in January, it is a good thing and there is much to look forward too as with Redshift 🙂

10 hours ago, Azenix said:

giphy.gif

9 minutes ago, Hrvoje said:

Won't happen

This idea is circulating around for 10+ years and with recent developments I hope it becomes even clearer that it won't happen. 

It won't happen like subscription would never happen? 😉 

I never said anything about subscription if memory serves me well, but I did constantly repeat about Adobe buyout.

In reality MAXON always had subscription in MSA form, right?

I don't have a crystal ball to see what future brings but there was never a single sign then and now for that to happen. Nemetschek would be unwise to sell excellent performer in their portofolio, plus recent acquisitions reinforce this 🙂

This is going to be awesome... can't wait!

6 hours ago, hikarubr said:

If MAXON is in such a good mood to purchase other companies, I have two suggestions that would make more sense than the RED GIANT purchase:

1) Video Copilot Element 3D - Just buy this and put inside of Cinema4D. It will work as an improved viewport AND as a real-time render engine. The plugin already reads C4D files, so it's a no brainer.

2) HitFilm Pro - Which is basically a (very good) Adobe After Effects-Premiere-Element3D clone but all in one, This would be an amazing companion for Cinema 4D if could read C4D files natively and had the same 3D navigation commands.

You're welcome MAXON. 😁

A fully fledged 3D application will never buy a 3D 'lite' plugin - not going to happen!

It does seem to me as if MAXON are positioning themselves to look more attractive to be bought by Adobe. I don't want it to happen, but this merger makes no sense at all. I was excited after the Redshift buy out, this one worries me.