Sign in to follow this  
themesser

overlapping geometry creates stripes

hello community, i have a mograph setup, using push apart effector, I dont mind cloners to overlap but i need to have a clean render.

Is there a way to fix  this weird object tearing from happening, other than painting them out in AE ?

Thanks for your help!

1194529864_ScreenShot2019-12-18at4_56_46PM.png.5804d74e383cba93201774e5c22a30b7.png

Can not be used very small offset between clones? Just very low value... 0,05 maybe?

let me clarify, i need clones to overlap, but either showing one or the other, not creating this ugly pattern

I was meant offset on surface level (in Y axis on image)

Without altering that Y position, the answer to this question is no - you simply cannot have intersecting geometry like this and not expect render errors. If things exist in the same place, how is the renderer meant to decide which is rendered ?

CBR

What Cebera said. The problem is that the position is numericaly identical, the renderengine can not know which surface should be on top, so it is effectively decided by artifacts from the rendering that determine wich comes first nearly randomly for each pixel. You havt to define this yourself by placing one of the surfaces ever so slightly ahead of the other.

Alright , i was hoping for some voodoo magic, a mograph sélection with an effector should do. 
thanks guys for your knowledge