Cinema 4D Turns Dot to Underline in fbx

Hello. I encountered a strange bug in Cinema 4D, it is valid on any Cinema 4D versions, and any FBX versions, so it doesn't matter which version to use. The bug manifests itself in that it turns dots " . " into underlines " _ " in the fbx export. Importing fbx into Cinema 4D and any other programs-there is no longer a dot, but an underlines.

Source (c4d project)

image.png.497f4e0852fb150a51cbe0a3c1240815.png

Export (fbx) 
image.png.260d2588e7989105910a2590a053b154.png

Is there any way to avoid this when working with a lot of bones? Because I have about a hundred bones that need to be renamed in other programs, for example in blender. Thanks

Untitled 10.fbx Untitled 10.c4d

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!
I encountered this problem. It is frequent not only with Cinema 4D but also in export from other 3D programs. Occurs, for example, when exporting to game engines. As far as I know, the FBX format has a limit of dots in names and requires underscores. You need to learn export restrictions and adapt your workflow to them. I don't know any other solutions. Whenever collaboration with other programs is required, you need to test the restrictions and stick to the requirements specified in the documentation.

Regards.

9 hours ago, Arte said:

Hi!
I encountered this problem. It is frequent not only with Cinema 4D but also in export from other 3D programs. Occurs, for example, when exporting to game engines. As far as I know, the FBX format has a limit of dots in names and requires underscores. You need to learn export restrictions and adapt your workflow to them. I don't know any other solutions. Whenever collaboration with other programs is required, you need to test the restrictions and stick to the requirements specified in the documentation.

Regards.

It all makes sense now, thanks