Sign in to follow this  
paulselhi

Have A Great New Year Everyone

Just a quick set up of the extra screen. Now I can debug the plugin code on one screen, while working in Cinema4D on the main screen. No need to constantly swap application screens anymore. And that via a single USB (A) cable ... nice.

DoubleResolution.thumb.jpg.34148298677b51f2f12a13b724e30a38.jpg

I just don't have the room to fit 28" screens. And with these small monitor sizes I cannot justify for 4K screens. My old eyes already have difficulty reading text on HD screens, let alone 4K. Sure, you can scale up text and graphics ...

12 hours ago, C4DS said:

quick set up of the extra screen

Who is that on your mouse mat?

9 hours ago, Freemorpheme said:

Who is that on your mouse mat?

A Logitech G600 mouse with 20 programmable buttons.

I once thought it would enhance my workflow having all necessary shortcuts at the click of a button instead of using keyboard.

It has 12 buttons on the side, the regular left and right mouse buttons, then an additional "pinky" mouse button at the far right. On top: a scroll wheel with down, left and right button actions, and two "mode" buttons in front of the scroll wheel.

One of the mode buttons has a 3-cycle state, which allows to have a different set of actions for the buttons on the side. This allows to have up to 36 different actions for side buttons.

I used to map tools and commands depending the layout I was in.

It was heavily used when I still was doing 3D modeling and animation, but lost its use when I switched to plugin development, some years ago. The (quite useful) 3D mouse on the left isn't even connected anymore. Hasn't been for the last 3 years. Nowadays it is just sitting pretty, reminding me that someday I need to pick up 3D animation again ...

It's a shame, but it is what it is.

On 12/31/2019 at 5:13 PM, paulselhi said:

Lets make the 20's roar

I like the play on this . . . roaring 20's 

On 1/4/2020 at 7:58 AM, C4DS said:

Logitech G600 mouse

That was good information, thank you - but I did mean the picture on the mat 🙂

12 minutes ago, Freemorpheme said:

That was good information, thank you - but I did mean the picture on the mat 🙂

Ah ... I actually thought that was what you meant when I first read your question, but then I figured "who would want to know that?".

That mouse mat has been a birthday present many many years ago ... custom made, still cherish it to this day.

Unfortunately, sunlight has degraded the picture.

JJG-mousemat.thumb.jpg.3e2f29f8bf62d15bc268171d894e6cf4.jpg

Sorry for OT, just info how it ended.

Looks like 4K monitor I ´ll try later. My old onitor work after repair for more then 4 weeks without any issues. Just for 3 euro for small 7pin chip (voltage regulator) and one cap (filter).

...and week of waiting for spare parts 🙂 ...