Sign in to follow this  
Fabiand

Give the model weight

Hey guys,

please help me. I have a model who will be hold from many straight curves beetween two cubes (not like a spiderweb).  I want to give a part of the model some weight, that the splines would be bend from the weight, to like like a spiderweb. Please look at the picture, it shows what it looks now and what it should looks then.

Sorry for my bad english.

Thanks 

Fabian 

WhatsApp Image 2020-01-03 at 12.11.59.jpeg

Please update your profile to show at minimum what version of Cinema you have.

You also need to say whether this is for an animation or still image, and ideally provide a scene file that shows your current setup.

At the moment we can only speculate that you probably need to use some form of spline dynamics.

CBR

You realy have to understand how this works in reality. The weight of the object is one factor, others are the length of each rope and it's tension. In reality not all ropes will have the same tension so some will be taught and straight while others will show slack. Your image on the left shows what it would look like to hang a heavy object from rubber bands, the right one shows a light object on steel cables, except for the lower left rope which defies gravity.

• Topic Author
  • Hey guys, 

my version is RC R20 educational. The ropes should not all have the same tension, there should seen some differenz in it. I prefer that the object in the middle is very heavy.

Thanks

Fabian