Sign in to follow this  
deck

What is this interface element called ?

Hi Cafe

Im trying to come up with my ultimate cinema layout but I can never find the part I have outlined in yellow in the grab below.

I know the bit underneath is the timeline dopesheet and I can find that, but what is the other thing called just above it with the frame Nos, is it a scrubber bar or something ? and where can i find it in cinema to call it up when customising a layout.

Cheers

Deck

cinema.jpg

Is that the Power Slider ? Not 100% on that.

CBR

• Topic Author
  • Cant see power slider anywhere, or find it in the help. i guess I just need to undock it and drag to new location if I can't find it.

I have a modelling type layout and wanted to add it to that but can never find it.

Deck

It is referred to as that in preferences /  Interface (in R21, not sure about R18). It is one word though - don't know if that makes a difference in your help searches...

CBR

Go to the Customize Command window.

The upper part of the animation palette is called "Timeline Scroll Bar (Key Area)" in that window.

The power slider is the preview-area-slider thing below, find it under "Timeline Scroll Bar (Power Area)".

You can drag these to a New Palette like any icon.

(Note that the Customize Command window does not just contain icons but also extra stuff like this, which can still be used like an icon area in a toolbar. Other examples can be found under "Quantize Move Slider" (and other Quantize pseudo-icons).)

(Just saw that you have an old version of C4D, I don't know if it's called the same there, as I have no R18 installed any more.)

• Topic Author
  • Thanks Guys

Firstly I prefer to call it an "older" version than just Old 🙂

powerslider all one word brings it up in the help files, seems that is the green marker slider thing, and it refers to the whole widget as the timeline Ruler.

I can see it in the Customise commands as Scrollbar as Cairn stated, but if I drag that button to the interface and click it, then it doesn’t bring up the Ruler / scroll bar. Im assuming there must be a show and hide somewhere.

Dck

Screen Shot 2020-01-03 at 15.10.24.png

In R21 (the same in R19) it´s Timeline Scroll Bar (key area)

If you want to add to layout, create first empty palette, drag this command into and drag palette where you want...

(best/fastest way to solve it is thru Customize Palettes... command)

• Topic Author
  • Got it !

Thanks Guys

Deck