Sign in to follow this  
Gregie

Bendy Bones Lag / Delay

To fix the issue in your scene just do the following:

Switch to full hierarchy display mode. 

Locate the object called: L_Forearm_Bendy_algn. Also the right side so R_etc...

The constraint tag that is on that object, set it's priority to 30 instead of 0.

If you wish to fix this going forward, crack open the adv_biped.c4d template and make the change in there. Choose Character>Character Builder>Save Character Template. Then it shouldn't be there going forward, but this could get blown away on any new update, just as an fyi

• Topic Author
  • @BretBaysDude you f-n rock thank you. Just looked you up btw, looks like we've overlapped at AM back in the day, I graduated 09. Cheers again! 

1 hour ago, Gregie said:

@BretBays
    Update: Good news is that the arms are fixed, but they seem to be offset by the spine / leg issue. Please see video example below. 
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/5m5kiw5ury91naw/BendyIssueUpdate2.mp4?dl=0

to fix the legs find the "L/R_Thigh_Bendy_targ1" null and set the priority of its constraint tag to something lower than the 25 it's set to. i set it to 15, seems to work fine.

i just guessed that though, i'm not gonna pretend i understand that rig entirely.

the issues with the arms when you move the spine i couldn't reproduce after setting the prio for the L/R_Forearm_Bendy_algn nulls to 30 like bret suggested. are you sure you didn't change anything else as well?

btw, welcome to the wonderful world of c4d priorities, fix one, break another, what's not to love? 😄

What Everfresh said. I think you can just do it to 24. They're both set to 25, but their insertion is the problem. technically, it just needs to be above the bendy arm controller, but since that's not as easy to fix, just set it to 24

• Topic Author
  • Thank you fellas

Glad i found this thread. 

I was sure it had to do with priorities, but I couldn't figure out wich ones!

On R20 it seems to work fine, althought there is no B-Spline < - > Bezier attributes, so things couldn't be the same. 

Thanks for all the answers. 

Yeah it was a newer feature for R21 I think. After I sent it to MAXON I think it got mucked with a bit(Or it could be entirely my fault I don't remember) and it introduced this priority problem.