Sign in to follow this  
rasputin

How to Un-link camera windows?

Hey guys,

Here's a pesky problem I get myself into¬† now and then:¬†¬†¬† Two of my four basic camera window views get linked with each other,¬†¬† and I don't know how to un-link them!¬†¬†¬†¬† Whatever view I set my upper-left window to,¬†¬†¬†¬† the upper-right one follows suit!¬†¬†¬†¬†ūü§¨¬† When what I want is to have the top leftmost window show PERSPECTIVE¬† view,¬†¬† and the top right window to show TOP camera view.

Questions:

1. How can I unlink them,   and
  2. What did I do to make this pesky thing start happening---   what did I do to inadvertently link them?   (so I don't do it again)?

Many thanks,    ras

1674156978_unlinkwindows.thumb.PNG.549c933502f558246cddd16dc782bdb3.PNG

Have you been using solo recently in the HB modelling bundle at all ?

This happens when you HB solo an object in, say the perspective view, then change to another view, and unsolo without switching it back first.

The way to restore normal behaviour is to reverse that process, so activate solo again, then go into what should be the perspective viewport, change that back to perspective, and quit solo mode. That is a known problem, but if you have got it to happen any other way, please do elaborate on what you were doing when it happened...

CBR

• Topic Author
  • Playing with SOLO¬† and UN-SOLO on those two windows¬† has no effect on this linking.¬†¬† They remain linked. ¬† I've never (consciously) used that Solo button view ever in my C4D history.

The only thing I've done in this particular project...     is to introduce a single instance of the Corona Camera and set the first window to that view.

• Topic Author
  • UPDATE!!¬† I seemto have fixed it,¬† by manually switching (in the second view) from my Corona Camera to "default scene camera".¬† Still not entirely sure what I did,¬† but I'll pay closer attention next time.

Thank you so much for your help,  though.

Oh OK, that' might be the same as the solo issue, because the HB solo function does also use a temporary / alternative camera.

CBR