Sign in to follow this  
kmwhitt

Some BodyPaint Questions

I’m working in BodyPaint after a long absence. Is it possible to use the arrow keys to nudge selected parts of the image like in Photoshop? They appear to move the canvas when I use them. I am working with text that needs to be placed precisely and the ability to nudge would be quite handy.

Also, is it possible to see the object you are painting and the texture view at the same time? I can only toggle back and forth between the “View” and “Texture” windows.

Any advice would be a real time saver as I have searched the web with no luck. Thanks, Kevin

4 hours ago, kmwhitt said:

Is it possible to use the arrow keys to nudge selected parts of the image like in Photoshop?

No, I don't think so, but not 100% on that. Have you tried shift+ left / right ?

4 hours ago, kmwhitt said:

Also, is it possible to see the object you are painting and the texture view at the same time?

Yes. Switch to the Texture tab in BPaint layout, find the 3 horizontal lines to the top left of that tab, and choose 'undock'. Now you can drag the sane 3 bars in the new window that appears either above or to the side of the BP view to get both. Lastly, save this as your own custom BP layout in Customisation / save layout as...

CBR

16 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Yes. Switch to the Texture tab in BPaint layout, find the 3 horizontal lines to the top left of that tab, and choose 'undock'. Now you can drag the sane 3 bars in the new window that appears either above or to the side of the BP view to get both. Lastly, save this as your own custom BP layout in Customisation / save layout as...

CBR

...or if you use dual monitor setup, simply select from main menu/Window/BodyPaint 3D/New Texture View and dock new texture view on second monitor

• Topic Author
  • Thanks for the replies.  If you can't use the arrow keys to nudge selections, how do you handle aligning selections (more specifically text in this case)?  For example in this current project, I have a row of text that will circle a range knob (see attached).  How do I ensure that all the text is aligned vertically.  Does BP have grid snapping or guides?  Is it possible to work with vectorirzed text?  I am so used to Photoshop, but thought I would try this exercise in BP as the visual feedback is immediate.  I would appreciate any advice on how to go about this.  Much thanks, Kevin

01.jpg

02.jpg