Sign in to follow this  
AlexisB

Keep object in center of camera

hey guys, 

i'm working on this video using the sound effector: 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vbkaXvRLPpM7mIyFwnE3-Qfr9NFFhXE8/view?usp=sharing

How i laid out the scene: the first take is a static iphone and the camera zooms in.

The second take the camera is rotating in a circular motion while the phone is also rotating in the same circular motion of the camera.

If you notice starting 38 seconds both the camera and iphone are rotating but the iphone is never in the center of the camera as that happens.

How i animated it: I added a Circle, Aligned the camera to the spline of the circle and added keyframes on the position from 0 to 100.

I did the same thing for the iphone with a smaller circle, made sure the iphone Axis Center is correct, and it only makes sense that it doesn't stay in the center of the screen as it rotates.

How can i keep the iphone (and if possible the blue cube behind it) in the exact same location as they rotate following the guide of the camera while they remain in the very center of the frame at all times?

333136854_ScreenShot2020-01-07at10_54_11PM.thumb.png.6b0959d8b80c26a789225ca1c1f308cf.png

Here is a screenshot of how the scene is laid out: 2 Circle splines

Also, one more question: i added a Rigid Body tag to the iphone and put Off on Dynamic, so that the spheres don't penetrate the iphone but just collide around it, it didn't work they're penetrating the iphone. how can i also fix this?

Many thanks!

I think you need a target tag on the camera, into which you would drag the iphone so the camera always looked at it...

Not enough info to address the other problem without the scene file.

CBR

• Topic Author
  • I had added a Camera Target for the iPhone, and added a Sphere Target to the camera. Now that I've added an iPhone target to the Camera the iPhone is always centered, which is pefect, but there is still a problem in the Z axis as this screenshot:

1930243988_ScreenShot2020-01-08at12_13_42AM.thumb.png.e0cba1af6b75f24d57dba5fa16c30920.png

sometimes it gets close, sometimes it gets far. The whole thing i'm struggling with is managing the order and complexity of the elements to follow one another in harmony:

The cube (background), the iphone and the spheres of music should always be in harmony and rotating together in the right distance with the iphone being the most prominent object (always on top)

Maybe if i add all 3 to a Null i can work something around that? My concern is that i added plenty of Random Effects/Sound Effector and Delay to the Cloner of spheres, so there's a whole lot going on already and i wouldn't know which would be the orderly way to group them all together.

Here is the scene file: 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1w55jjrOtM2VTFlYsYYiDmrdPS4GGM5NN/view?usp=sharing

Regarding the Rigid File notice how the Sphere is penetrating the iPhone even though i added a Rigid Body tag to the iPhone and made Dynamics Off

590349351_ScreenShot2020-01-08at12_24_00AM.thumb.png.168fef65eff4f429871d2225f40bae01.png

• Topic Author
  • I've grouped all the elements in one Null, added a Align to Spline to the Null Object that is rightly centered and added a Target Tag to the camera moving so that the iPhone is always in the middle.

The iphone is constantly in the middle but the turning is incorrect, it isn't facing the camera and the cube and spheres behind it aren't rotating according to one pivot point.

2020727330_ScreenShot2020-01-08at2_11_49PM.thumb.png.d9a947379550410b1be7f07de18b52e6.png

1902508628_ScreenShot2020-01-08at2_15_53PM.thumb.png.3b9a8d30f1a4149960a8470551d62e2c.png

How can i do that?