Sign in to follow this  
digitvisions

New build PC configuration

HI, i finally finished building my AMD Ryzen - 9 3.900 Windows 10 pro , i have an NVME  M2 1TB SSD card and Barracuda 4TB HDD. Dose anybody know how i can load the c4d on to the SSD card instead of the HDD?

That would depend on what you allocated as your system drive. If the HDD is where your system is, that is where your C4D install is going, and as far as I know you can't change that, except possibly the content libraries, which you may be able to relocate, but I am not sure about even that; I think I have read somewhere that there is some obscure reason that content libraries have to exist in the Cinema root directory as well, but hope I'm wrong about that...

Happy to be contradicted by anyone that knows better ! 🙂

Good build, btw - I am going for something very similar myself fairly shortly.

CBR

• Topic Author
  • Thanks CBR, i was hoping there is a way of changing the instillation directory.

1 hour ago, Cerbera said:

Good build, btw - I am going for something very similar myself fairly shortly.

Yes, i went to Novatech they are very helpful. If you need any help send me a pm. it was a lot easier to build then i first thought.

8 minutes ago, digitvisions said:

Thanks CBR, I was hoping there is a way of changing the instillation directory.

Oh there is an option for that ! It should ask you at time of installation what directory you want it in, but I think there is technical reason to do with Win 10 that is has to be somewhere on your primary partition, so that choice may be of rather limited use to you... but you do need to get extra confirmation on that from someone - I am way far from 100% about that.

8 minutes ago, digitvisions said:

Yes, i went to Novatech they are very helpful. If you need any help send me a pm. it was a lot easier to build then i first thought.

Yep, I will be doing exactly the same 🙂 Might do some cheeky drone flying down at Portchester castle while I'm down there picking it up 😉

CBR

• Topic Author
  • 2 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Might do some cheeky drone flying down at Portchester castle while I'm down there picking it up 😉

Just make sure you don't get arrested. 😝

Just now, digitvisions said:

Just make sure you don't get arrested. 😝

Lols. I was joking - I already got into a sh*tload of trouble flying that 5 years ago 🙂 Not because I was doing it illegally, or anything (queen's foreshore rule etc) but that English Heritage are unreasonable b*****s 🙂

CBR

If c4d is defaulting to your HDD, that sounds like the slow harddrive is your main system OS drive, you dont want this, the SSD should have the system on it.

• Topic Author
  • 1 hour ago, imashination said:

If c4d is defaulting to your HDD, that sounds like the slow harddrive is your main system OS drive, you dont want this, the SSD should have the system on it.

Thanks, will that mean reinstalling the OS to the SSD?

Hi,

First, install just SSD on your motherboard, then install OS, drivers, and usuall stuff. 

After that add your HDD, and install all software that you want (will be installed automatic on your C:\ drive which is SSD).

Cheers, Dane

• Topic Author
  • 4 hours ago, danijelk said:

Hi,

First, install just SSD on your motherboard, then install OS, drivers, and usuall stuff. 

After that add your HDD, and install all software that you want (will be installed automatic on your C:\ drive which is SSD).

Cheers, Dane

Thanks, That was what i was dreading most. doing it right now looks ok so far.🤞