Sign in to follow this  
timowest

Move clones in circle using effectors

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a method of moving a series of clones in a circular motion?

I'd like to make a series of discs follow concentric circles, their motion controlled by an effector so I can use them with a tracer to draw 'trails' behind them.

Something similar to the attached ...

Thanks,

Tim

disc_circle.c4d

Heres a bit of a clumsy way to do it, cloning the discs onto blended circle splines, plain effector is set to 360 degrees and Ive used a random to give it some weight so they don't all start at the same time. You could use many plain effectors or others for rotation and use mograph selections to limit each one to certain clones whilst animating the falloff.

There are probably tons of ways to set this up in mograph, mine a bit clumsy as I said, press play when it opens up. probably even more solutions in R20.

Deck

disc_circle 02.c4d

ignore the align to splines and the other cylinder tucked away at the bottom, they were left over from an even clumsier method and are not required.

Deck

Here is a completely Fields based solution. Add any Fields you want as a mask or multiplier to change speed, offset or radius. 

disc_circle 03.c4d