Sign in to follow this  
mikoian

Voronoi and FumeFX

I have a plane which I fractured with Voronoi Fracture. I added an attractor to make it explode (like a ground explosion).

Now I want to use FumeFX for Cinema 4D to make smoke/dust/fire (basically an explosion to go with the ground explosion, but the pieces of the fracture should have smoke trails).

I created the FumeFX container, I added an Object Source and there I added the Voronoi Fracture object. 

But when I simulate I don't see anything (the viewport view is enabled). Simple Source works ok. 

And I can't find tutorials on the net about FumeFX working with Voronoi (not for C4D, not even for 3DSMax)

Any ideas? Has someone worked with FumeFX yet?

UPDATE I

Found out that I had to add the Object Source to the Object/Sources list from the FumeFX container (previously I added only the geometry I was using, not also the Object Sources itself - where I added that geometry). Now the smoke is generated from the geometry, but not from the fractures of that geometry. Seems FumeFX treates the voronoi fracture as one object. Need to dig up more...

UPDATE II

Seems I had to make the Voronoi Fracture editable and use the resulting fractures as individual pieces (added to the Object Sources and FumeFX Source list)  for FumeFX to work with them.

Haven't tried it as I don't own fume fx, but this sounds like a job for "connect object". Try putting the voronoi in a connect generator and place that as source.

Don't have Fume Effects but on the Voronoi Fracture object, go to the 'selections' tab & you'll see check-boxes to procedurally generate selections based on various factors. When you check one, it creates a selection tag on the Voronoi object. I think it's this that you'll want to link into Fume FX.

• Topic Author
  • 18 minutes ago, Decade said:

Don't have Fume Effects but on the Voronoi Fracture object, go to the 'selections' tab & you'll see check-boxes to procedurally generate selections based on various factors. When you check one, it creates a selection tag on the Voronoi object. I think it's this that you'll want to link into Fume FX.

Nope, you can't put those selections as sources (either in FumeFX directly or in Object Sources). See the image.

968 Jan. 10 17.48.jpg

• Topic Author
  • 7 hours ago, Fritz said:

Haven't tried it as I don't own fume fx, but this sounds like a job for "connect object". Try putting the voronoi in a connect generator and place that as source.

That doesn't seem to work either...see the image. The fractures are not emitting anything, only the surface as a whole seem to emit something.

969 Jan. 10 17.53.jpg