Sign in to follow this  
Chuckybear

XParticles not randomizing size

Hi,

I'm having an issue which I don't think should be an issue. I'm trying to set my particle size to random. I've used the random effector, xp scale, even used fracture and I can't seem to make the particles random in size. I can easily change the position with the random effector but not size. I know it's possible, I've done it before but this has stumped me for the past 3 days and I'm hoping it's something my dumb ass is over seeing. I hope someone can help to keep me from throwing my machine out the window. Thank you in advance. I attached the file for reference.
Charlie

3 Cross- Random scale effector not working.c4d

what random effector? I don't see anything with that name in XP, but i'd like one. in the group settings, or if you don't have a group the emitter,  you can set random size with the radius variation.

Screen Shot 2020-01-11 at 12.46.44 PM.png

• Topic Author
  • 1 hour ago, ion said:

what random effector? I don't see anything with that name in XP, but i'd like one. in the group settings, or if you don't have a group the emitter,  you can set random size with the radius variation.

Screen Shot 2020-01-11 at 12.46.44 PM.png

OH MY GOD. I always try to over complicate things! I was adding the random effector from C4D. Its so weird though because the Random effector in C4D will control the position but not the scale. I think this option should definitely be in the Emitter tab as well. Thank you so much but I still find it strange why I can't effect the size with c4d random effector. I even after putting it in the emissions modifiers tab. This will definitely work for now. Again thank you!