Sign in to follow this  
Btron

Issue w/Plain-PlyFX color remap w fields

I have successfully colored particles by selecting a color (color remap) in both Linear Fields. I am using Plain effector with Time & Formula to reveal MoText with a PolyFX child via Linear Fields. I have engaged fields color and left blending mode to default. This was a success.

My problem is I can not re-create this effect in my other C4D session. A little background on that:

The title sequence (beginning of this animation)  is actually the end of the original animation minus several objects and MoText. I utilized the end of the sequence because of the way the Time efector had built up the polyFX spread. I could'nt seem to re-create that Time effect from the start, so as a short cut, I redesigned the end of my sequence as the beginning which I will composite in AE.

I now would like to utilize the particle colors I am getting in my title sequence, so I went back to the original, followed the same procedure, adding Fields Color to the Time and Formula efectors expecting the same result and nothing. I have gone through a few variations of this project (different saved .c4d files) to see if there was a bug in the system and still no dice. 

To be frank, I found my way to this design through experimentation, some of the steps I took to get here are not necessarily protocol, but still I am getting the desired results. I just can't figure out why the effector-ed MoText polyFX are not receiving the color. Everything should be the exact same.

In C4DScreen1.PNG & C4DScreen2.PNG is the title sequence with the red desired color, in C4DScreen3.PNG & C4DScreen4.PNG is the original sequence, with the same settings and no color.

I am a bit nervous posting a work file up here until I get some responses. Thank you so much in advance!

Peace

-BTron

C4DScreen4.PNG

C4DScreen3.PNG

C4DScreen2.PNG

C4DScreen1.PNG

Send me the scene file via pm if you want, will be treated confidentially, however, it is better idea to strip down scene to bare essentials which show the issue. This way everyone can benefit from resolving it 🙂

• Topic Author
  • On 1/13/2020 at 3:10 AM, Hrvoje said:

Send me the scene file via pm if you want, will be treated confidentially, however, it is better idea to strip down scene to bare essentials which show the issue. This way everyone can benefit from resolving it 🙂

Agreed, Proper! PM sent. I will wait for your response and start posting to share. 

Resolved, issue is in material projection

• Topic Author
  • What I had missed, was that I was leaving the UVW Mapping, in Simple on both sides. In order for me to get the desired effect, I needed to set Side to front only. Thanks @Hrvoje for the help!