Sign in to follow this  
munkittrick

Multiple pose morphs with one control?

Hello again all!

I have hit a wall and could use a couple of ideas! I've created a character. This character is going to be wearing a removable full-head mask. The mask is presently pose morphed to match each of the facial morphs. When the character gets angry, the mask follows the face to accentuate the emotion, but I'd like to find a way to use user data or some manner of controller that can allow me to move two, or even three pose morph objects at once. Is there a simple Xpresso formula that would allow me link multiple morph poses to corresponding poses of impermanent objects?

THANK YOU!!!

Could you make it work with the "set driver" / "set driven" command that you get when control clicking the parameter, under the xpresso option.

Bout all i know about xpresso but super useful.

Not sure if you can set up "user data" and connect them all to one slider, someone with more experience may be able to answer that one for you.

Deck

Hi

You can connect the Range mapper to multiple morphs from one single controller.  Here is a simple file to show this.  You dont need to have multiple range mappers if they all share the same value but in cases where the range is different you can use multiple ones.  The main thing is one user data can control as many morphs as you like.

To get things setup initially you can use the method @deck mentioned, this can set one one for you in Expresso, then you can simply drag n drop each morph tag into that single  Expresso and connect the Range mapper to the Morph Strength input, repeat for more morphs.

Here is a video showing how to do this.

Dan

Posemorph multiple.c4d

• Topic Author
  • THANK YOU! I was told that a tutorial existed, but I must have been using the incorrect parameters...because I couldn't find it! VERY much appreciated!!!

Just now, munkittrick said:

THANK YOU! I was told that a tutorial existed, but I must have been using the incorrect parameters...because I couldn't find it! VERY much appreciated!!!

This one didn't exist, I made it for you, for this topic.

Dan

• Topic Author
  • You, sir...are a unicorn! Thank you so much! I have been racking my brain for a few days on this. The plan is to use three different pose morphs to control a character's arms and legs and add a little muscle work under the skin...so to speak...but I kept coming up slightly short. The Range Mapper to the rescue!

THANK YOU!!

• Topic Author
  • Listen, I hate to bug you again, but you nailed the previous issue so well that I figure that I'd ask you directly. Can you please explain what is going on with this rig (attached)? The RIGHT hand appears to be working as expected (albeit not dialed in and sloppy at the moment)....but the LEFT pinky finger contorts as if the joints are not symmetrical...or maybe I nudged a bone by accident...but I cannot get this to work. Would you mind taking a look at this file and explain to me how to fix this issue?

Thanks again!

Neutron_Solo_(Help_File).c4d

I will take a look later on but normaly any distortion is down the weighting issues.  The next bit of advice would depend on if your using the character object or your own rig, and thats how to reposition a joint without it effecting the mesh.

Dan

• Topic Author
  • I can't tell you how much I appreciate this! I'm working with the character object. I have everything perfectly symmetrical and have my base mesh perfectly mirrored...so it has to be a weight issue. I've just been looking at it too long to see the error.

Iv got a few things I got to do then Il take a look at your file.  Its normally easily fixable.

Dan