Sign in to follow this  
spjuver

Alembic locked to position

After importing alembic file to my scene in C4D, the file is locked and I cant move it to another position. Is there any way to unlock it?

Do you have keys added to the time line, if so thats what may be locking it.  Without a image or file its hard to say.  If you wish to move the root of a object that is rigged and animated you can add it to a Null and move that, or put it in a Pivot object from the Animate menu.

As your in r17 alembic abilities may be limited as additions to this did get added.  Try selecting the Alembic and make it editable.

Dan

• Topic Author
  • 54 minutes ago, Rectro said:

Do you have keys added to the time line, if so thats what may be locking it. 

No keyframes. Alembic is exported in another software.

Without a image or file its hard to say.  If you wish to move the root of a object that is rigged and animated you can add it to a Null and move that, or put it in a Pivot object from the Animate menu.

I can add null but it wont let me move alembic. I can move the null but not alembic.

As your in r17 alembic abilities may be limited as additions to this did get added.  Try selecting the Alembic and make it editable.

Im using R20. Making it editable removing all alembic parameters including alembic file itself.

Dan

Edited by spjuver
    coloring

Can you update your profile to the version your using please as it helps us help you.  Many issues are version dependant, or limited.

Going by the thread title your importing a Alembic Mixamo rig, not something I do normally as  stay with FBX for this.   will have a look into it a bit this after noon.

Dan

• Topic Author
  • 1 hour ago, Rectro said:

Can you update your profile to the version your using please as it helps us help you.  Many issues are version dependant, or limited.

Sure Will do

1 hour ago, Rectro said:

Going by the thread title your importing a Alembic Mixamo rig, not something I do normally as  stay with FBX for this.   will have a look into it a bit this after noon.

Importing Houdini Alembic.

1 hour ago, Rectro said:

Dan

• Topic Author
  • Here is a alembic test file exported out of Houdini that is locked to axis center when imported to C4D. 

alembic.abc

You didnt mention that the object that wont move is infact particals.   Here is a thread that should answer what you need.

Dan