Sign in to follow this  
ostraken

C4D units of measurement

Hi all

I'm very confused by C4D unit of measurements.  When I set the unit of measurement to feet in the preferences and project settings everything is larger.  Cubes are 200 x 200 x 200.  When I set the measurements to feet in prefs and leave at centimeters in the project settings, cubes are scaled at 6.562 which is correct for my needs. Why the difference? It seems counterintuitive but I'm clearly missing something.

• Topic Author
  • ok I figured out the issue.  C4D does the conversion based on the unit of measurement set in prefs.  smdh 

That is indeed the case, which I grant you is confusing if you don't know it...

CBR

Cinema 4D has scene units (document settings) and display units (prefgerences), the two can be different. Scene units are the real representation of values and all default settings are interpreted as scene units. Display units are effectively just multipliers on top of scene units and they only work in AM fields that show units. If you work with Xpresso or Python only scene units are used.