First 3d model - feedback?

2 minutes ago, Bixmox said:

sh**, there is a lot to learn 😂

Yeah it takes a little while to get good at this... but don't lose heart, get good at this you will if you just stick with it and keep modelling the things everyday...

CBR

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know being a student with a tight budget can suck a bit when it comes to paying for help (I'm a student myself 🙂 ). But if you get the money for a Skype-session with Cerbera, do it :). Had a 2 hour

Well done on your first model created in C4D.   For us to offer some feedback we need to see the wires of the model as to see its construction.  Its also a good idea to post the reference image your w

Yes of course...       CBR Grenade CBR 02.c4d

Posted Images

47 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Yeah it takes a little while to get good at this... but don't lose heart, get good at this you will if you just stick with it and keep modelling the things everyday...

CBR

yup, will do my best

20 hours ago, Cerbera said:

CBR

I am just unsure about how I am gonna improve by just creating new things, concidering I will most likely create them with the same OK topology until I learn otherwise

2 minutes ago, Bixmox said:

just creating new things

Yeah but you're not JUST creating new things. You are also watching all the tutorials and reading all the PDFs. If that isn't enough to get you going, then maybe have another think about how much value you'd get from a 4 hour modelling 101 with someone like me...

CBR

Just now, Cerbera said:

Yeah but you're not JUST creating new things. You are also watching all the tutorials and reading all the PDFs. If that isn't enough to get you going, then maybe have another think about how much value you'd get from a 4 hour modelling 101 with someone like me...

CBR

Yeah, I am getting more and more tempted but I am a poor student so it probably wont be an option

1 minute ago, Cerbera said:

Lols. You found the likes button. Thank you very much !! 🙂

CBR

Yeah. seems they changed it so I can like unlimited posts!

This has to be one of the most commented on regular user created posts right? hahaha

I know being a student with a tight budget can suck a bit when it comes to paying for help (I'm a student myself 🙂 ). But if you get the money for a Skype-session with Cerbera, do it :). Had a 2 hour Skype (ran into 3 actually) session yesterday and it helped me tremendously to see modelling in a new way. 

How to plan your modelling beforehand, how to get clean topology and great edge flow. I'm still a beginner and I'm going to model everyday from now on to get this handled (I feel your frustration learning this 🙂 ). Ok this seems like a big sales post, but it's not. Just wanted to say that if you get the cash, then book a learning session!

Edit: I saw your image of the axe topology and before my session I would have told you that the topology looked alright. Now after, I could see a lot of small areas where problems could happen. 

18 hours ago, Iwanttolearn said:

I know being a student with a tight budget can suck a bit when it comes to paying for help (I'm a student myself 🙂 ). But if you get the money for a Skype-session with Cerbera, do it :). Had a 2 hour Skype (ran into 3 actually) session yesterday and it helped me tremendously to see modelling in a new way. 

How to plan your modelling beforehand, how to get clean topology and great edge flow. I'm still a beginner and I'm going to model everyday from now on to get this handled (I feel your frustration learning this 🙂 ). Ok this seems like a big sales post, but it's not. Just wanted to say that if you get the cash, then book a learning session!

Edit: I saw your image of the axe topology and before my session I would have told you that the topology looked alright. Now after, I could see a lot of small areas where problems could happen. 

Yep, I am saving up cash for the lessons lol

Wont be easy